Our purpose statement is: “Pointing the Way to Transformation in Jesus Christ.”
There are two major arenas in which the Bible teaches one should be transformed:
Let's unpack this:
A. We are pointing the way to Spiritual transformation in two ways:
1. From Darkness to Light – Salvation
1 Peter 2:9 says, "But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light..."
Colossians 1:13 says, "For He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son…"
We desire to see people saved from their sins. This is when they trust Jesus Christ as Lord (Master, Ruler) and Savior (the Forgiver of their sins) and move from the sphere/domain of darkness into the light of the Lord
2. From a Spiritual Baby to a Mature Christian – Sanctification
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18
Till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head; Christ. Ephesians 4:13-15
Once a person is saved from sin, we desire to see him/her grow into a mature Christian. One grows as he or she is constantly nourished in the words of faith and teachings of the Bible (1 Timothy 4:6).
B. We are pointing the way to Relational transformation
1. From Acquaintances to Friends to Intimate Friends
- Love one another (John 13:34)
- Be devoted to one another (Rom. 12:10)
- Be of the same mind toward one another (Rom 12:16)
- Build up one another (Rom 14:19)
- Accept one another (Rom 15:7)
- Admonish one another (Rom 15:14)
We have purposely designed ministries at our church to make room for the Holy Spirit to do His ministry of spiritual and relational transformation.
We believe our ministries will help people understand how to take the next step spiritually and relationally. Each MUST facilitate movement. In view of this we are categorizing every ministry as a Foyer, Living Room or Kitchen.
Our Sunday morning worship services are “foyer” environments. We want our guests to come back, so we do everything with them in mind. Our children’s church, KidzSpace, is also a foyer environment. This environment is oftentimes where most unchurched kids will experience church for the first time.
foy•er (foi’ er, foi ya’) n. an entry. — It’s the place in your home that serves as the welcome area for guests and new friends. It’s the first step, and it’s often your only chance to make your guests feel comfortable enough to return.
Foyer environments serve as the perfect place to introduce newcomers to the life of GraceWayChurch.
- GraceWay Worship (Sunday Service) – Experiences of the Presence of God That Will Make You Want To Return - Sundays, 11:30am – 1:30pm
- KidzSpace (Children’s Church) – Having Fun While Learning About God – Sundays during the Worship Service
The foyer is the place where people can begin to feel like they are special guests.
liv•ing room (liv’ing room) n. a room in a home, with sofas, chairs, etc., used for social activities, entertaining guests, etc. Smaller and more interactive than the foyer environment, these gatherings offer genuine opportunity to begin friendships...just like the living room in your home.
- RPM (Reaching the Population of Men) - Reaching the Population of Men for Christ – First Saturdays, 9 – 11am
- AromaHouse – Gathering Before Service While Enjoying Light Refreshments – Sundays, 11- 11:30am
- LightHouse – Providing Light and Hope to Women in All Seasons of Life - Most Third Saturdays, 10:30am – 12:30pm
- BOLD, Inc - Our Young Adult Fellowship
- TFT (Teens for Transformation) - Our teen ministry that meets each 2nd and 4th Friday
kitch•en (kich’en) n. a room or place for the preparation and cooking of food. — Think about it. What is the most popular room in your home? Where do you end up when friends or family come over? The kitchen. This is where lasting friendships are made. This is where people begin to feel like they are part of the family.
Our kitchen ministry is the L.I.F.E. Group. L.I.F.E. Groups are where people meet regularly for Bible study and prayer, and commit to accountability, friendship and support. They are the safe place to open your heart, share your life, and ask the tough questions. L.I.F.E. Groups are also the place where ministry happens at GraceWayChurch.
- L.I.F.E. Groups – Love in a climate of genuine acceptance. Instruction from God’s Word. Faith development as people share answered prayers. Encouragement for overcoming obstacles on life’s journey. Weekdays, Ask for Schedule of Days and Times